Friday, May 4, 2012

I decided that my first post should be one that I added to Pinterest. This is the best way to cook potatoes ever!!! My brother and his wife live in England and he told me about how they cooked their potatoes once and I had never done it this way. 

I went to Culinary School at South Seattle Community College and I am very upset that I was not taught this method! So I have decided to share it with whomever wants the most mouthwatering potatoes ever!

The process is simple:

Gather potatoes for dinner (any kind will work but I love baby reds)
Scrub them under water and then put in pot full of tap water. 
Put pot on to boil.
When the water gets hot stab a potato with a knife. 
You will know they are done if the knife goes in with slight resistance and releases with slight resistance
They are now par-boiled. 

Drain the potatoes and cut them into wedges.
Toss in a mixture of olive oil, salt and pepper. 
* you can sprinkle with anything you want at this point but make sure to always season properly!

Place on cookie sheet in preheated 450 degree oven and bake until tender. 
Brown to desired color under the broiler
 
These potatoes are tender and delicious and perfectly crispy on the outside without the gummy texture on the inside of potatoes that are just baked!

No comments:

Post a Comment